Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Hawaii's traditional greeting, Aloha, signifies love and compassion for others and nature. Experience the magic of these tropical islands and meet its gentle people, as you celebrate local traditions and discover lush rain forests, majestic waterfalls and palm-fringed beaches. An unforgettable journey awaits as you get to know each island intimately, while truly relaxing at your luxurious resorts.
- Oahu: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at Alan Wong's Honolulu, where an innovative and creative menu brings you closer to the diverse cultures of Hawaii through freshly farmed ingredients from the islands. Taste a true reflection of Hawaii Regional Cuisine Dishes at this gem found in an unexpected location.
- Hawaii: Enjoy your choice dining this evening with a selection of a traditional Hawaiian luau at your hotel, or dinner at one of the acclaimed local restaurants.
- Maui: Your Celebration Dinner will be at the esteemed Ko restaurant, awarded "Best Hawaii Regional Cuisine" (Gold) in Maui No Ka 'Oi Magazine's 2018 'Aipono Restaurant Awards for the sixth consecutive year.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with wine (LW) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Oahu: Visit historic Pearl Harbor National Monument, where you will be met by your personal veteran guide. Take the short boat ride which brings you to World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, home of the USS Arizona Memorial. See Punchbowl, the crater that is home to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
- Hawaii: Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the world's largest volcano.
- Hawaii: Perfect weather patterns and mineral-rich, volcanic soil create conditions for the world's finest coffee. Meet the Bolton family to learn about the artistry of producing pure Kona coffee. Visit the private, award-winning, family-owned-and-operated, Kona Coffee Farm and join the rest of the family for a relaxing al fresco luncheon, followed by a traditional coffee cupping.
- Hawaii: Explorer Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube, located in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Lava tubes direct molten earth toward the ocean. As the lava flows, the outer crust begins to harden while the inner lava continues to flow. Once the flow stops, the tunnel formation remains. Thurston Lava Tube could date back up to 500 years! A short trail through lush vegetation and across a short bridge will bring you to the entrance of the lava tube.
- Maui: Visit Iao Needle State Monument, rich in cultural and spiritual values and the site of the battle of Kepaniwai where the forces of Kamehameha I conquered the Maui army in 1790. This erosional feature rises 1200 feet from the valley floor.
- Kauai: Your Welcome Dinner will be served at the eponymous Roy's Waikiki. Chef Roy Yamaguchi is a Japanese-American celebrity chef and one of the founding members of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine movement, bringing a menu that reflects the many different cultures of Hawaii with the freshest local ingredients.
- Oahu: Experience luxury and unparalleled views of Waikiki and the Pacific Ocean from your Ocean View Studio at the Ritz Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach.
- Hawaii: Lap up pure Big Island indulgence with your Beachfront Wing Room at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel.
- Kauai: Experience a before-hours guided visit of the spectacular Hawaiian Hall at the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum.
- Maui: The Fairmont Kea Lani on Maui's coveted Wailea coast is an all-suite and villa luxury resort and spa. Resort activities include three swimming pools featuring an adults-only pool and two family activity pools connected by a 140-foot water slide, Hawaiian Cultural Program, water sports and beach activities, 24-hour fitness center, Inspire Your Energy fitness and wellness classes, Kids Club and boutique shopping. Championship golf and tennis are located just minutes from the resort.
- Kauai: Meet Aletha Kaohi, a direct descendent of King Kamuali`I, the last independent king of Kaua`i and Ni`ihau, who in 1810 ceded the islands to King Kamehameha I to prevent war and bloodshed. Aletha's grandmother, Kekuakepeiliahikaowakaikalani, was a high priestess and a traditional healer. She schooled Aleths'a father to inherit her spiritual powers, and she chose Aletha as the Keeper of History to tell the story of their family.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Included airport transfers on Day 1, 9 and 12. Economy inter-island airfares on Hawaiian Airlines from Honolulu to Kona, Kona to Kahului, Kahului to Lihue.
Call (866) 476-7476 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15392987
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Honolulu||Aloha Honolulu and Waikiki.: You will be greeted with a smile and a traditional flower lei before being transferred to your elegant Ritz Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach. On arrival, you'll be met by a personal greeter and whisked up to the the airy eighth-floor lobby to check in. You will be swept away amid the ocean breeze to spaces that frame the surrounding natural beauty and experiences that draw inspiration from local traditions. Enjoy your upscale studio with bedroom, oversized bathroom, separate living room, floor-to-ceiling windows and private lanai. You'll have breathtaking views of Waikiki and the Pacific Ocean. Relax or start exploring Waikiki on your own. Explore the boutiques of Luxury Row and walk down Kalakaua along the famed Waikiki Beach. Your Travelling Concierge will be available at the hotel this afternoon. At 18:00, meet with your travel companions for a welcome drink, followed by your Welcome Dinner and culinary experience is served at the acclaimed Hawaiian fusion restaurant, Roy's Waikiki. Chef Roy Yamaguchi is a Japanese-American celebrity chef, restaurateur and founder of a collection of high-end restaurants. He is one of the founding members of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine movement. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Ritz Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach (Deluxe Studio with Ocean View).
|Day 2||Pearl Harbor and Leisure Time||Pearl Harbor and Leisure Time.: Head for historic Pearl Harbor National Monument this morning. Take the short boat ride which brings you to World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, home of the USS Arizona Memorial. Next, head for the Punchbowl, the crater that is home to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Oahu||Oahu Your Way and on to the Big Island.: Experience Oahu Your Way with a choice of a private, guided visit of Iolani Palace, the only official royal palace in the United States, or a private guided visit of the Hawaiian Hall at the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum with a Hawaiian Culture Educator. Later this afternoon, fly to the Big Island of Hawaii. On arrival in Kona, stop at the historic Kailua Village, St. Benedict's Painted Church and Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. Next, witness the artistry of coffee making from farm to cup at a Kona Coffee Farm. See how coffee is hand-picked and learn the artful milling and roasting followed by a curated coffee sampling. The rest of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Kohala Coast (Beachfront Wing Rooms).
|Day 4||Kona Coast||Kona Coast at Leisure.: This morning and afternoon are yours to do as you please. Your Traveling Concierge will be happy to help you plan your day. Perhaps browse Laurance Rockefeller's priceless collection of Pacific Rim, Asia and Oceania art, strewn through the resort. Stroll along the resort's beach, the only white sand beach on the Kona Coast; and don't miss the Manta Ray Lookout. This evening, you have the choice of a traditional Hawaiian luau at your hotel, or dinner at one of the acclaimed local restaurants. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Hawaii Volcanoes National Park||Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.: An early start this morning takes you across the island through historic Parker Ranch, one of the largest ranches in the country. Then travel along Hamakua Coast for one of the most scenic coastal drives on the planet. Lunch will be served at the Kilauea Lodge and restaurant, before you start exploring Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Home to Mauna Loa and Kilauea, two of the world's most active volcanoes, this is both a UNESCO World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Reserve. Drive along Crater Rim Drive and walk through the otherworldly Nahaku - Thurston Lava Tube. Afterwards, stop to view magical Rainbow Falls before an evening at leisure. (Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
|Day 6||Maui||Fly to Maui, the "Valley Isle".: Fly to Kahului on the island of Maui. A tropical paradise known as The Valley Isle, it has been consistently voted "Best Island in the World" by the readers of Conde Nast Traveller and Travel + Leisure. Hawaii's second largest island offers visitors a remarkably beautiful and welcoming environment to enjoy a wide variety of beach, ocean and island adventures. Stop at Iao Needle State Park to view the historically signifcant 1,200-foot (370 metre) Iao Needle, surrounded by towering emerald peaks. Arrive in Lahaina, where there is time for you to explore at your own pace. Once the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom in the early nineteenth century, Lahaina was also a historic whaling village during the whaling boom of the mid-1800s. Today, Lahaina is on the National Register of Historic Places and its main street is ranked one of the 'Top Ten Greatest Streets' by the American Planning Association. The rest of your day is free to wander the island or relax at your incredible resort. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui (Ocean View Suites).
|Day 7||Maui||Maui Upcountry.: Today you'll head for Upcountry Maui and the community of Makawao, famous for its Hawaiian cowboys, or paniolo. Visit the Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, where you'll have time to explore the gallery exhibits. Indulge in a Highlight Lunch at Bev Gannon's famous Hali'imaile General Store. Experience Maui Your Way this afternoon. Select a a private guided tour through the working Maui Gold Pineapple Plantation, a guided visit to Hali'imaile Distilling Company which produces handcrafted, locally made, authentic Hawaiian brand spirits, or a unique and immersive look into the exciting world of the honeybee and their hives with an experienced beekeeper. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 8||Maui||Maui at leisure.: Today is yours to do as you please. Relax and enjoy the resort's luxurious facilities or pursue your own interests. Your Travelling Concierge is on hand to help you plan your day. In the evening, toast to your journey over dinner with wine at Ko Restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Maui||Depart Maui: Say 'a hui hou' as your nine-day tour concludes with a private transfer to Kahului Airport. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Prices include economy air and air-related charges for the flights between Oahu and Hawaii, Hawaii and Kauai and Kauai and Maui. Your first checked piece of luggage is included in your trip price. Due to airline policies on inter-island flights, all guests must provide their full name (as it appears on their passport), date of birth and gender at the time of deposit. Any additional baggage is US$35 per bag per flight and is the responsibility of the guest. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class