What shoes should you pack for walking on sunshine? The pair best suited for 1,000 miles of shoreline and 300 days of sunlit skies per year. With its refreshing Atlantic breezes and live-life-to the-fullest Mediterranean ways, the sun-drenched country of Portugal invites you to dip your toe-and entire body-into a sea of relaxation. This rejuvenating tour of Portugal leads you past rolling olive farms, through scenic cork groves, and down winding Moorish alleyways to the country's signature delights. In its coastal villages and medieval towns, tapes grilled seafood fill the tables, sweet port fills the glasses, and the soulful sounds of fado music fill the air. From the granules of golden sand to the rich nuggets of history, this enlightening tour of Portugal introduces you to the brightest sights of the country as you make a loop from lively Lisbon and back.
Call (866) 476-7476 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15594006
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon, Portugal||Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Lisbon||LISBON Guided sightseeing includes Jeronimos Monastery and cloister and a photo stop at Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. (B)|
|Day 3||LISBON-OBIDOS-NAZARE-ALCOBACA-FATIMA-TOMAR||OBIDOS Orientation walk of the medieval town.NAZARE Free time to browse.ALCOBACA Visit the Church of Santa Maria Monastery.FATIMA Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary en route to Tomar. (B,D)137 mi / 220 km|
|Day 4||TOMAR-COIMBRA-PORTO||TOMAR Visit the Convent of Christ.COIMBRA Visit the University. Scenic drive en route to Porto. (B) 155 mi / 250kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Porto with a cruise on the Douro River followed by a traditional Portuguese dinner. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||Porto||PORTO Guided sightseeing includes a panoramic drive to the mouth of the Douro River and the cathedral. Visit the Church of Sao Francisco and the Arabian Hall in the Stock Exchange. [LF] Port wine tasting at the famous Sandeman & Co Port Wine Cellar. Free time this afternoon. (B)|
|Day 6||PORTO-GUIMARAES-PENAFIEL-VISEU||GUIMARAES Orientation walk through the medieval center.PENAFIEL [LF] Visit the gardens of the Quinta da Aveleda winery with a Portuguese tapas tasting.Scenic drive through the port wine vineyards en route to Viseu.VISEU Dinner with local specialties and wine at Forno da Mimi restaurant. (B,D)193 mi / 310 km|
|Day 7||Viseu-Belmonte-Castelo De Vide-Evora||BELMONTE Visit the Jewish Museum. [LF] Olive oil tasting.CASTELO DE VIDE Walk through the Jewish quarter with free time to browse.EVORA [LF] Visit a cork factory. (B,D) 236 mi / 380 km|
|Day 8||Evora-Algarve||EVORA Guided walking tour includes the Gothic cathedral, the Sao Francisco Church, and the Ossuary Chapel. Free time for lunch.ALGARVE Free time late afternoon and evening (B) 162 mi / 260 km|
|Day 9||Algarve Coastal Excursion||ALGARVE Excursion to the Promontory of Sagres, Cape St. Vincent, and Lagos. (B)155 mi / 250 km|
|Day 10||ALGARVE-AZEITAO-LISBON||Scenic drive along the Serra da Arrabida with views of the Troia Peninsula.AZEITAO Visit a traditional tile workshop.LISBON Farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D) 180 mi / 290 km|
|Day 11||Lisbon||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).